Skip to main content

Site search

Patrol car crossing the Sauvie Island bridge.

File a report

We provide an online crime reporting tool to residents and non-residents who are victims of certain types of crimes in Multnomah County Sheriff's Office patrol districts. 

Police report

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office provides an online crime reporting tool to residents and non-residents who are victims of certain types of crimes in MCSO patrol districts and the suspect is not known. Online reporting allows individuals to submit a report remotely without having to wait for a deputy. 

This system does not replace 911 and should not be used for in-progress crimes or when the suspect is known. .  For incidents that occurred outside of these areas, please use the non-emergency number (503-823-3333) or use the online system for Portland or Gresham.

Continue if the crime occurred on TriMet property or in Fairview, Maywood Park, Troutdale, Wood Village, unincorporated Multnomah County, including, but not limited to, the Columbia River Gorge, Sauvie Island and Corbett, and you have experienced one the following situations:

  • Lost or missing property (no prescription medication, firearms, or license plates)
  • Theft, with no known suspects (no firearms, explosives or vehicles)
  • Damaged property with no known suspects
  • Vandalism to a vehicle
  • Vehicle parts stolen or damaged (no lost or stolen license plates)
  • Check forgery or fraud
  • Identity theft
  • Illegal use of a credit or debit card
  • Fraud: Involving confidence games, online or phone scams
  • Non-custody theft/shoplifting reports (for businesses only)
  • Suspicious Activity (circumstance could involve criminal activity)
  • Threats or Harassment (excluding hate, bias, or school related threats)
  • Hit and run crash involving your vehicle or property where no one was injured and there is no suspect information.
  • Add supplemental information or property to a previous report.  Please reference the original MCSO case number (YYYY-XXXXX) when prompted. 

Crash report

Traffic Crashes

If you need the sheriff's office because the scene is not safe, or are having difficulty exchanging information with the other driver, please call 911 or the non-emergency number for assistance.

For more information about reporting a traffic crash or “fender-bender,” please visit the DMV site.

You must submit a report of a motor vehicle accident to DMV when:

  • Damage to any vehicle is over $2,500 (even if your vehicle was the only one in the crash);
  • Damages to any vehicle is over $2,500 and any vehicle is towed from the scene;
  • Injury or death resulted from this accident; or
  • Damages to anyone’s property other than a vehicle involved in this accident is more than $2,500.

Note: A police report does not count as filing an accident report with DMV. You must also file an accident report with DMV.