The Law Enforcement Records Unit plays an integral part in the success of the Law Enforcement Division. Law Enforcement Records operates 24/7, throughout the year and receives, processes and maintains law enforcement, warrant, and protective order records for Multnomah County. The MCSO Law Enforcement Records Unit provides police reports generated by the Detective and Patrol divisions to the public through the public records request process. Additionally, the unit provides vehicle releases for vehicles that have been towed or impounded at the request of MCSO Law Enforcement.


Civil Support Unit provides administrative support to the MCSO Civil Deputies. The staff working in this unit accepts and ensures that the service of court papers and enforcement of court orders such as small claims, divorce papers, subpoenas, child support, restraining orders and eviction papers are processed in timely manner and accurately recorded. Civil Support also prepares and tracks Real Property foreclosures, conducts foreclosure sales and is available to assist the public with civil paperwork.

Frequently Asked Questions

Protective order applications are available at the Multnomah County Courthouse located at 1021 SW 4th, Room 211, Monday through Friday, from 8-5. Additional information about the available types of protective orders and how to obtain them can be found here:

Eviction is a court process where a landlord must sue the tenant for possession of the premises. The Sheriff serves legal papers, and if the tenant does not comply with the court's orders, physically evicts the tenant. More information may be found at the Oregon State Bar.

To have the Civil Process Unit serve papers, send the following items to our office:

  • Instructions for service - Must include address located in Multnomah County where service can be made* and your address to provide a copy of the court return.
  • Documents for service**
  • Fee for service - we accept cash (exact change), business check or money order made payable to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.
Mail/Deliver items to our office at the following address:

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office
Attention: Civil Process Unit
4735 E Burnside St
Portland, OR 97215

* Unfortunately, we cannot assist you by serving letters and sealed envelopes, and are unable to determine location information for defendants you are attempting to have served but don't have an address for.

** The Sheriff serves legal papers that have been filed with a court of law or issued by a governmental administrative agency.

You can check the status of civil papers being served by MCSO by visiting the Civil Case Status website.

The court can issue a Writ of Garnishment or a Writ of Execution as methods of seizing property. A Writ of Garnishment directs a third party to turn over property or money that's in their possession. A Writ of Execution directs the Sheriff to seize property that's in the possession of the debtor. It's the creditor's responsibility to determine who has property of the debtor and which legal mechanism to use.

The court can issue an order for the Sheriff to take custody of the child, returning him or her to the custodial parent. This is generally accomplished through the restraining order process, or through an Order of Assistance which can be obtained with the aid of Multnomah County Family Law located in room 211 at the Downtown Multnomah County Courthouse.

Fees for Civil Process (ORS 21.300) depend on the particular service required as outlined below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 503-988-0512, or visiting us directly at 4735 E Burnside St, Portland, OR 97215.

Summons and complaint with or without attachments, small calims notices, eviction summons and complaint, notice of restitution, citation, subpoena, orders to show cause, posting sales notices, etc...
1 - 2 Parties
(same address)
3 Parties
(same address)
4 Parties
(same address)
5 Parties
(same address)
Additional Parties
(same address)
+ $25
Please note that 'et all' or 'All Other Occupants' is a party to be served.

$80 plus fees outlined under 'NOTICE PROCESS' above
Property Seizure, Writ of Assistance, Writ of Execution for property recovery, or Order of Claim and Delivery

Personal Property$135
Sheriff's Deed

Restraining orders, stalking orders, child recovery

No Charge
per document


Contact the Multnomah County Courts at 503-988-3235.

If you wish to turn yourself in on a warrant, you may come to the Justice Center, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, Troutdale Community Center, or any local police agency.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office only maintains police reports written by Multnomah County Sheriff's Office deputies. Requests for police reports must be submitted in writing and be accompanied with the correct fee payment. There is no charge to crime victims.
To request information pertaining to Police Reports written by MCSO Patrol Deputies, please use this form:

Oregon Public Records Law (ORS192) provides individuals, organizations, agencies and businesses the ability to access written documents and materials.
In order to request access to these documents and materials, the request must include the following:
  1. Be in writing.
  2. Include contact information.
  3. Clearly state what records are being sought.
Please be advised that there may be a fee to cover staff time researching and retrieving the documents. You will be notified of estimated fees and costs in advance. Payment is required before MCSO will produce the documents. The fee may be reduced or waived if it is determined the release of the information is in the interest of the public.

Quick Public Records Request Links:
For information around incarceration of inmates, charges or mugshots, please use this form:
For information pertaining to Police Reports written by MCSO Patrol Deputies, please use this form:
For information around media requests, developing events or other media inquiries, please use this form:
For information not under the other categories, please use this form:

For other requests or questions:
Email: MCSO Communications Unit at pio@mcso.us

Mail or Hand Delivery to MCSO:
Public Records Request
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office
501 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 350
Portland, OR 97214

Service is to be made upon the designated Court Coordinator along with any Witness fees as required by ORS 44.415. The Court Coordinator for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Law Enforcement Division is located at 4735 E Burnside, Portland, OR 97215 and is open to the public Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. The contact number is 503-988-0523 and email is mcsocourtcoordinatorenf@mcso.us The Court Coordinator for the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Corrections Division is located at 501 SE Hawthorne, Suite 350, Portland Oregon 97201 and is open to the public Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The contact number is 503-988-8429 and email is mcsocourtcoordinator-cor@mcso.us