LE banner image 1

From Sauvie Island to the Columbia River Gorge, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office patrols more than 280 square miles of urban and rural area and is responsible for approximately 110 miles of waterways. Our highly trained and dedicated members work around the clock to provide exceptional public safety services for the communities of unincorporated Multnomah County and our contract cities of Fairview, Maywood park, Troutdale, and Wood Village. 

We are extremely proud of our innovative policing efforts, such as our Community and School Resource Deputies who encourage positive connections with local businesses, neighborhoods, and schools, and our Homeless Outreach and Programs Engagement Team who work directly with individuals to connect them to much needed resources and services.

At MCSO, we are committed to providing closure for members of our community who have been impacted by crime. Numerous cases are investigated by our Detective Unit which includes general assignment detectives and those who have specialized experience in areas such as domestic violence and elder crimes. Our Civil Unit is responsible for serving and enforcing court orders and a variety of other documents issued by the courts, including protection orders or small claims.

The Law Enforcement Division also has numerous opportunities for members to participate on specialty teams. These include search and rescue, dive team, vehicular crimes team, and several other emergency response teams that are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week to ensure public safety. These opportunities allow for the development of specialized skills and encourage professional growth.

Our members are invested in serving the community, and each and every day, they respond to critical situations that require challenging, split-second decisions to ensure the safety of others.  At MCSO, we value building and maintaining community trust through honest, transparent policing efforts and by treating everyone with dignity and respect. 

We encourage positive community engagement and a comprehensive understanding of each community we serve. This approach allows MCSO to develop and implement effective strategies to address the unique needs of each community and remain at the forefront of our everchanging environment.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report a crime?

If it is an emergency call 911. For non-emergency, call (503) 823-3333.

Report a non-emergency incident online

Report non-emergency incidents and crimes which have occurred within unincorporated Multnomah County, including the Columbia River Gorge and Sauvie Island, and the MCSO contract cities of Fairview, Maywood Park, Troutdale and Wood Village.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office limits self-reporting to non-emergency incidents, where no immediate danger to people or property exists. Proceed if you have experienced one the following situations:

•Lost or missing property (excluding prescription medication, firearms, or license plates)
•Theft, with no known suspects (excluding firearms, explosives or motor vehicles)
•Damaged property with no known suspects
•Vandalism to a vehicle
•Theft of vehicle parts (excluding lost or stolen license plates)
•Check forgery or fraud
•Identity theft
•Illegal use of a credit or debit card
•Fraud: Confidence games or scams
•Non-custody theft/shoplifting reports (for businesses only)
•Non-injury vehicle collisions (including hit-and-run incidents to property)
•To add additional property from a previously reported incident (please reference that case number)

All information you provide goes directly from your computer or device to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and may be subjected to public records release.

return to top

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

If you would like to report an abandoned vehicle that is located within the the city limits of Maywood Park, Fairview, Troutdale, Wood Village or is in unincorporated Multnomah County, please click this link.

If you would like to report an abandoned vehicle that is located within the city limits of Gresham, please click here.

If you would like to report an abandoned vehicle that is located within the city limits of Portland, please click here.

How do I find out if I have a warrant for my arrest?

Contact the Multnomah County Courts at (971) 274-0545.

If you wish to turn yourself in on a warrant, you may come to the Justice Center, Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, Troutdale Community Center or any local police agency.

return to top

How do I request a police report?

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office only maintains police reports written by Multnomah County Sheriff's Office deputies and reports submitted through our online system. Requests for police reports must be submitted in writing and be accompanied with the correct fee payment. There is no charge to crime victims.

To request information pertaining to Police Reports, please use this form: Police Report Request

return to top

How do I sign up for vacation home checks?

You can request that a deputy make periodic checks of your home while gone on vacation to provide more peace of mind by downloading and submitting the following form: Vacation Home Check Request Form

The Vacation Home Check Program is only available to those residing in a MCSO patrol district. Use this map to see if your home is located in an MCSO patrol district.

return to top

How do I register my home’s security camera?

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is accepting voluntary surveillance camera registrations from businesses and community members as a proactive approach to aid in public safety and criminal investigations. Knowing ahead of time where cameras exist can save investigative time and resources when a crime occurs in your neighborhood and may help solve and prevent crime. This police and community partnership has been successful in other cities and can help identify suspects, recover stolen property and solve crimes.

Registration of your home or business surveillance camera is completely voluntary and can be removed at any time. Registering a surveillance camera with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office does not mean police have automatic access or live feeds to your system; it simply means officers and detectives know where cameras are located so they may contact you to request access to the images.

Disclaimer and Terms of Use

The goal of the camera registry program is to deter crime and promote public safety through collaboration between the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office and the community we serve. Accordingly, all camera registrants agree to the following terms and conditions: Registration is entirely voluntary.

The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office will not post your personal information online. By registering your security camera with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office, however, you understand that your personal information may be disclosed in response to a request made under Oregon’s Public Records laws or under a lawfully issued subpoena.. If there is a crime, an incident or a disturbance, in your neighborhood, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office will look for security cameras that potentially may have captured evidence of the activity. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office may contact you and request access to the camera to view the footage. You may always deny a request to view your camera or footage. However, a warrant may be requested to obtain this information. If there is evidence of a crime or law violation or other incident on your camera footage, you may potentially be called as a witness in the case.

  1. Registrant information is gathered for official use by the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office.
  2. If necessary, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
  3. Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
  4. Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of Multnomah County and/or the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office
  5. Under no circumstances shall the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
  6. If you would like to be removed from the camera registry program; you no longer own a video surveillance system; you move; or you would like to make any changes to your registration; contact call 503-988-0356 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

By clicking the "AGREE and SUBMIT" button you acknowledge that you have read over the Terms of Use of the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office security camera registration and accept these terms.




return to top

How do I update my sex offender registration?

Due to COVID-19, walk-in services are closed. Contact the law enforcement agency nearest you by phone.

  • If you live in the City of Portland, contact Officer Lara Maul at 503-545-3559, Monday- Thursday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., or Officer Julie Storm at 503-849-2086, Tuesday- Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may also email the general email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
  • If you live in the City of Gresham, call 503-618-2318.

For more information, visit Portland’s Sex Offender Registration Detail

return to top



 Multnomah County Sheriff's Office
234 SW Kendall Ct
Troutdale, OR 97060

Police Emergency: 911

Non-Emergency: 503-823-3333

Tip Line: 503-988-0560

 Cold Case Tips: 503-988-0570

Sex Offender Registration: 503-988-7300

Property Control: 503-988-0373